Forum Total Commander Ultima Prime

Full Version: mounting iso images as virtual a cd/dvd
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everybody,
It would be very interesting to have a plugin incorporated that could mount iso/nrg/img etc.. images as cd/dvd virtual devices. Daemon tools is par example an alone program that do this things.
On the other hand I would like to know how could I put the green arrow at removable drives units icons as total commader 7.02a does by itself wen is running alone.

Thanks
usuario_habitual Wrote:Hello everybody,
It would be very interesting to have a plugin incorporated that could mount iso/nrg/img etc.. images as cd/dvd virtual devices. Daemon tools is par example an alone program that do this things.

It should be already possible.

Go to the Network Neighborhood and choose Virtual Disks. Now you can "copy" needed CD image into it. Right click on file and choose "Properties" option.

Now you can choose drive letter, mount type (HDD, FDD, CD/DVD) and perform mounting.

It works only under Windows 2000 and Windows XP/2003 32/64-bit.

If it is not working, go to:
<TCUP path>\PLUGINS\wfx\VirtualDisk\VD_Driver\
right click on "vd_filedisk.inf" file and select "Install" option.

In 64-bit Windows versions all the operations described above on installing the driver must be performed only from Windows Explorer!

usuario_habitual Wrote:On the other hand I would like to know how could I put the green arrow at removable drives units icons as total commader 7.02a does by itself wen is running alone.

If you'd like to see original TC's icons:
1. open wincmd.ini
2. find [Configuration] section
3. Delete or comment out (by placing ";" character) following line:
Code:
DriveLib=%COMMANDER_PATH%\ICO\drives.dll

PS. You can always try to use one of the drives icons libraries listed here:
http://www.totalcmd.net/directory/iconpack.html

PS2. You can also open drives.dll file in XnResEditor and edit "DISKREMOVE" item.
A very good question, and a very good answer, many thanks.
i tryied to mount image to virtual drive but its not working.

[Image: 2696999~18kay.jpg]

[Image: 2696998~26i4j.jpg]

everytime it wrote "fault - drive wasnt found, set another"

i tryied many letters and many type of images (iso, bin)

Does anybody know how to mount image with UP?
Did you install needed driver as it is recommended in my post above?
fenixproductions Wrote:Did you install needed driver as it is recommended in my post above?

Of course, i install the driver, about u wrote from directory. I tryied to copy to "virtual drives" many types of images, and press mount, but everytime when i click to that drive : "disk is not formatted - windows cannot read from the disk, disk can be corrupted..."

do u know the solution?
I am sorry but I don't know any other answer.
The only thing that came to my mind (seen previously) was the one I wrote.
I would like to know how could I put the green arrow at removable drives units icons as total commader 7.02a does by itself wen is running alone????
Reference URL's