Forum Total Commander Ultima Prime

Full Version: Emulation Packerplugins + AVI Packerplugin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Why not include the various Commodore/Amiga packerplugins?

I need them for my misc emulation projects and i hate to install them myself.

Not all of those plugins autoinstall when i doubleclick on them and i wish they where preinstalled in the next TCUP Installer.

I also need the AVI packer plugin preinstalled in the next TCUP Installer.

See attached packerplugins

[attachment=148]
[attachment=149]
[attachment=150]
[attachment=153]
[attachment=152]

Can this be done?
ma693541 Wrote:Can this be done?

Yes, if authors this plugins give me permission.
ULTIMA PRIME Wrote:
ma693541 Wrote:Can this be done?

Yes, if authors this plugins give me permission.

Ok. Thank's.
ma693541 Wrote:Not all of those plugins autoinstall when i doubleclick on them and i wish they where preinstalled in the next TCUP Installer.

just as commentary, you can set a plugin to autoinstall by adding inside the zip file the config file ' pluginst.inf ' (before must open and do some little changes)

PD: see attachment as an example
kuro Wrote:
ma693541 Wrote:Not all of those plugins autoinstall when i doubleclick on them and i wish they where preinstalled in the next TCUP Installer.

just as commentary, you can set a plugin to autoinstall by adding inside the zip file the config file ' pluginst.inf ' (before must open and do some little changes)

PD: see attachment as an example

I know that, but why does other's or I have to make them autoinstall when the author of them can do it. I know some of them are old and does'nt have this feature, but anyway. Why should we user's of them get's our hand's dirty to do that for them. Sorry if i repeat myself here.
ma693541 Wrote:Why should we user's of them get's our hand's dirty to do that for them. Sorry if i repeat myself here.
Maybe because they are needed very rarely?

My personal opinion is that I think there is no need for most of these plugins. I've used different emulators dozen times and not even once need to install WCX for handling its files.

I had installed avi.wcx in February, 2006. Since then I used it maybe ten times. It is not the matter of the size of it but rather installer code complexity (i.e. associations part).

Seriously: how many people will need it? Will this number be greater than for 7zip or ISO? What about ~500 other plugins in this case?
Reference URL's