Forum Total Commander Ultima Prime
TC UP New... - Printable Version

+- Forum Total Commander Ultima Prime (http://tcup.pl/forum)
+-- Forum: Total Commander Ultima Prime (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Programy / Programs (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: TC UP New... (/showthread.php?tid=157)

Pages: 1 2

TC UP New... - crowley - 2007-08-10 13:45:08

Greetings,

I ran into a couple of problems with "TC UP New...". As I think, some of them are missing features, I believe, that other things could be improved or fixed.

I will list them all... for further explanation, what I mean, ask me Wink

1.) TC UP New... internal tab order is a mess... when I try to tab between the controls on that form, the tab seem to jump from here to there in no logical order
2.) TC UP New... should at all times set to foreground and receive focus... Usually when I press F7, I enter several letters and must recognize, that TC UP New is behind TC UP Main Window and I enter my text into the search window of TCUP
3.) TC UP New... should use the current windows theme (per default)... at least even if I disable the skins, the Fonts of the Buttons are not on system standard
4.) The Popup menus on the "open and close option buttons"... I think, it would be better to replace them by SpeedButtons/Toolbuttons
5.) One of the central main features of the totalcmd in-built directory creation dialog is (at least for me), that I can create a couple of cascading subdirectories (e.g.: if I enter "Music\Metal\Iron Maiden\Powerslave" into the original dialog, I receive the whole path...)...
6.) Shortcuts on the form would be fine... (e.g. "&Directory", "&File")
7.) As I am using the Microsoft's Advanced Alt+Tab Replacement PowerToy [http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys/xppowertoys.mspx], I receive everytime I use TC UP New... 2 TC UP New... Window Handles ... one of them should not be necessary
8.) A fault of myself (as I am responsible for the German translation) is, that some of the explanation lines in the configuration dialog are not visible, because the text is too long or badly arranged... probably could the config dialog form be a little bit resized Wink

I think, that would be enough for the meantime Wink

Greetings,
C.

RE: TC UP New... - [HUN]Peti - 2007-08-10 16:12:01

I'm working on TC UP QSP currently, so I don't have time for most of these.
If I understood your post well then 4) is done by now.
6?! if you hit D in the textarea it will add a D character, it could be done though...
1) yes, there isn't, this is because from the first betas, very much improvements happened on that form, and those changed the tab-order...
i might be able to do something, but i don't know how yet.
7) i have no idea why.
2) yes, i know, and i already try to implement it in the newest version. it is working if i run it from the debugger application, but int goes mad when i run it from tc... i have no idea why
3) it shouldn't, but i can't do anything, the skinning stuff is not my work
5) yes, i think it would be...
8) i don't like the idea of resizing the whole window, that would be too much work, please tell more about this problem

RE: TC UP New... - m^2 - 2007-08-10 16:30:31

[HUN Wrote:Peti]
7) i have no idea why.
The 2 windows are Tn, which is the main TC UP New... window and TApplication - a window of size 0. Removal of "WS_VISIBLE" style from the second should fix the problem.

RE: TC UP New... - crowley - 2007-08-11 08:54:57

[HUN Wrote:Peti]
I'm working on TC UP QSP currently, so I don't have time for most of these.
If I understood your post well then 4) is done by now.
6?! if you hit D in the textarea it will add a D character, it could be done though...
1) yes, there isn't, this is because from the first betas, very much improvements happened on that form, and those changed the tab-order...
i might be able to do something, but i don't know how yet.
7) i have no idea why.
2) yes, i know, and i already try to implement it in the newest version. it is working if i run it from the debugger application, but int goes mad when i run it from tc... i have no idea why
3) it shouldn't, but i can't do anything, the skinning stuff is not my work
5) yes, i think it would be...
8) i don't like the idea of resizing the whole window, that would be too much work, please tell more about this problem

Peti... with which programming language did you made TC UP New...? Probably, I could assist you, if you do not have enough time (and if you are willing to share sources)

with 6) and the shortcuts like "&File" I meant, that you could change the caption of the buttons like that (&File as caption), it would be displayed as File and would lead to an shortcut Alt+F for the "File" button

The tab order could easily be changed... on most programming lanuages the visual controls like Buttons and Edit Fields have a property TabIndex ... set them in a logical order by assigning a number value to that property.

To set a window to foreground I could provide u with Delphi/C++ sources... there are plenty ways for that Wink

I add some screenshots of the config dialog as attachment Wink

By the way... you should at all times check, if your programs run on a not-admin-account and if they need to have write access to the config files (I can't remember, if I also had those problems with TC UP New..., but I have had more than enough trouble with OpenFileTC)

Greetings,

C.

RE: TC UP New... - [HUN]Peti - 2007-08-11 12:10:15

Ok, I've finished the development of TC UP Quick Search Plus, or at least there is an almost final beta...
So WE can co-operate, please send me your ICQ number, or if you don't have then MSN account as a Private Message.
All TC UP tools (by me) are written in Delphi 2006 and 2007, I switched back to 2006, I like it better.

RE: TC UP New... - leo_55 - 2007-10-23 17:09:44

[quote=[HUN]Peti]

Helló Peti

Gondom van ezzel a TC UP New programmal.
Az a bajom vele, ....hogy nagyon lassú. Pedig kár érte, mert
egészen jó lenne. Csak idegesítő, hogy várni kell rá mire feldobja az ablakot. Most éppen ki van lőve. De persze jó volna ha működne, csak gyorsabban. Van valami ötleted.......?

RE: TC UP New... - crowley - 2007-12-11 11:21:17

Now, I thought I give "TC UP New..." another chance with the new version...

BUT I do have still some of the old disturbing issues, which will prevent, that I use this tool in future again.

The most important and "as you say already fixed" behaviour is, that TC UP New does not receive the focus, if started with F7 in TC UP.

The window pops up and is set into foreground, but it does not get the active cursor, it does not get the focus.

Peti... you should have a look into the code, I had rewritten. There is a functional solution for this.

Secondly, there are no shortcuts for some options (e.g. settings button).

Third, at least the German translation is incomplete and there are a couple of typos in the rest.

Fourth, the checkbox before the path to the "active skin file" should not be enabled, if no skin file has been selected.

Fifth, wouldn't it be intelligent to extend the "Counter option" like in the TC Multi-Rename-Tool?

Sixth, rework the distances of the possible options in one "groupbox". In the Edit-Options its really a mess. Move at least the last Radiobutton in the middel of the TEdit.

Seventh, do a check before saving the options. At least, it should not be possible to "enable any option which needs a file" (like default editor), if the file does not exist or there's no file selected.

Eight, the internal tab order of TC UP New... is "better", but it still should be fixed to a logical order. Order should be EditBox - ExtensionCombobox - OKButton - CancelButton - DirButton - FileButton - SettingsButton.

Nineth, the tab order in the settings dialog should be fixed, too.

Tenth, TC UP New... should use the current windows theme (per default)... at least even if I disable the skins, the Fonts of the Buttons are not on system standard

Greetings,

Crowley

RE: TC UP New... - [HUN]Peti - 2007-12-30 22:21:07

It's good to hear from you again...
Yes indeed! Most of the listed problems truly exist.
I didn't work on New 1.4++ after you told those things on ICQ... You know, it really made me angry...
But this isn't a reason. The reason is that I worked quite a lot on TC UP Integrator project. I see it is translated to German, though I'm not sure you tried it... Anyway I was and I am quite busy, and you were right about "REWRITE IT!!!!" thing. But many people marked that this thing is a bit slow, at least it is a lot slower than TC's integrated part. So when I heard that the new WBX interface will be in TC UP soon, I thought I will make it in wbx, so it can start and work with the speed of light.
But the fact is: there's no point modifying/patching/developing this old source... it MUST be rewritten...:'(

PS: Skinning and skin-related problems are not my fault, really.Tongue

RE: TC UP New... - [HUN]Peti - 2007-12-30 22:25:04

leo_55 Wrote:Helló Peti

Gondom van ezzel a TC UP New programmal.
Az a bajom vele, ....hogy nagyon lassú. Pedig kár érte, mert
egészen jó lenne. Csak idegesítő, hogy várni kell rá mire feldobja az ablakot. Most éppen ki van lőve. De persze jó volna ha működne, csak gyorsabban. Van valami ötleted.......?

Először is az, hogy a magyar TC oldalon van magyar fórum, http://www.totalcommander.hu.
A TC UP New Delphi-s program, és még csiribiri skin is van rajta, amitől fájdalamasan lassú lesz... ahogy ezt már többen megjegyezték. Gyorsítani nem tudodTongue, de ki tudod kapcsolni a Beállításokban, a gyorsbillentyűknél, az F7-hez állítsd be a cm_mkdir-t!

RE: TC UP New... - crowley - 2010-01-11 19:17:42

Again I do have UNNERVING problems with TCUP New...

- It's not possible, to create multiple cascading subdirectories at the same time (like "Music\Rock\Leningrad Cowboys\Best of\_Cover"). TCUP New fails on the first "\" and reports an error.
- It's not possible to create a directory, open it at once and close TCUP New automatically. I can choose either to open the new folder OR close TCUP New automatically.

I'm sure, I'll find more issues, but those two were the first...