Polski | Română | Español

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
How to associate a program with a given extension?
napra
New

How to associate a program with a given extension?
I would like to associate a program with a given extension, in a way that when I press F3 the file would open, and when i am in quick view mode the file would also appear in the quick view panel, how to do this?

Namely, I would like to associate *.djvu files with windjview.

I think this type of modularity would be essential for the user to have some freedom in customizing TC UP to their own needs.

I have already looked at the topic of firefox, but that is a replacement, and that is not what I am interested.

Thanks in advance,
2009-02-17 14:47:44
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Yams

RE: How to associate a program with a given extension?
Possibly I already have answered on this question, please visit this post. If not - please write here again, I will make separate answer on this your question Smile
2009-02-18 07:19:32
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
napra
New

Hi there,

I am here replying regarding my experience in configuring tc up for the djvu extension.

Thank you very much for your prompt reply. I have done as advised. The method that that you described worked with F4 but not with F3 (it produces the following error Format of the file <file.djvu > could not be determined)
Thinking better as I have understand the behaviour correctly the top right corner didn't have any effect. Why is that?

Nevertheless, I would prefer a full integration (namely to have the associations automatically in the programs menu for instance) and a way that I could import in a very quick way such menu entries and associations whenever I update or reinstall a new version of tcup. Maybe an ini file?
I understand that maybe this is not easy but I trust that maybe ULTIMA could do it.

Please give me some feedback
Once again thank you very much for all your time,
Best regards,
Nelson

(2009-02-18 07:19:32)Yams Wrote:  Possibly I already have answered on this question, please visit this post. If not - please write here again, I will make separate answer on this your question Smile
2009-02-20 19:48:21
ULTIMA PRIME
Administrator

1. Open in Notepad++ (F4): <c:\Program Files>\TC UP\PLUGINS\Tools\OpenFileTC\F3.ini

2. Remove *.djvu extension in SupportedExts section

Code:
[Program5]
Name=XnView
FullPath=%COMMANDER_PATH%\PLUGINS\Media\XnView\xnview.exe
SupportedExts=djvu - REMOVE THIS EXTENSION
OpenAtOnceForAnyExt=1

3. Save INI file and go back to TC UP

4. Select *.djvu file and press F3

5. Set your program for this extension
2009-02-21 21:58:43
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
str8
New

So if i understand correctly i should be able to view files with ext. ".djvu" in TCUP using F3 button or with XnView? I tried both and both times got the error message saying "Format of this file could not be determined". What am I doing wrong?

Thank you.

P.S. Using Vista here.
2009-02-22 19:39:14
spooky
New

iso files used to open in tcup
i installed poweriso which had the iso's opening in it
i disassoiated iso file in poweriso but still cannot open in tcup

wtf happened?

help
2009-03-02 09:45:53
m^2
Super Moderator

(2009-02-22 19:39:14)str8 Wrote:  So if i understand correctly i should be able to view files with ext. ".djvu" in TCUP using F3 button or with XnView? I tried both and both times got the error message saying "Format of this file could not be determined". What am I doing wrong?

Thank you.

P.S. Using Vista here.

What program do you get this message from? WinDjvu?
(2009-03-02 09:45:53)spooky Wrote:  iso files used to open in tcup
i installed poweriso which had the iso's opening in it
i disassoiated iso file in poweriso but still cannot open in tcup

wtf happened?

help

PowerISO broke TC UP associations and when you removed theirs - there was nobody to restore ours. I'm affraid you need to run the installer once again.

[Image: pcbsdec7.jpg]
2009-03-12 15:45:00
str8
New

m^2 Wrote:What program do you get this message from? WinDjvu?
Sorry, I misunderstood the post above mine. I thought I could view *.djvu type of files directly in XnView. I'm actually using DJVU Reader for this purpose now.
2009-03-13 12:06:35
m^2
Super Moderator

(2009-03-13 12:06:35)str8 Wrote:  
m^2 Wrote:What program do you get this message from? WinDjvu?
Sorry, I misunderstood the post above mine.

Indeed. Actually I missed that you're not the OP. Wink Avatars help.

(2009-03-13 12:06:35)str8 Wrote:  I thought I could view *.djvu type of files directly in XnView. I'm actually using DJVU Reader for this purpose now.
You found a bug in TC UP. The included XnView version doesn't contain djvu plugin. You can get it from here.

[Image: pcbsdec7.jpg]
2009-03-13 14:12:23
str8
New

'm^2 Wrote:You can get it from here.
Thank you very much for this link! I added this plugin to the XnView "Plugins" folder but I still get the error message "format could not be determined". Moreover this error message appears even when I try to view *pdf files. Both types are included in "supported formats" when I check. Do you know where the problem might be?
Thank you in advance for your help.
2009-03-14 14:37:34

Contact Us | TC UP - Total Commander Ultima Prime | Return to Top | Return to Content | Lite (Archive) Mode | RSS Syndication